Frontline credit union staff might be focused on member service, but there are many compliance requirements that come with the job. That’s why the New York Credit Union Association is again offering the seven-part Frontline Compliance webinar series. This online series will help frontline staff stay up-to-date on the latest rules, regulations and laws impacting their day-to-day functions.
Participants who complete all seven sessions will earn their Frontline Compliance Specialist certification!
**In 2020, the Frontline Compliance Certificate Program will be offered on-demand only.**
SESSION ONE: SHARE INSURANCE
- What is share insurance?
- How much coverage is available?
- How do you determine an individual's amount of coverage?
SESSION TWO: TRUTH IN SAVINGS ACT
- What is the Truth in Savings Act?
- What are the current disclosure requirements?
- What are the rules for overdraft/courtesy pay?
SESSION THREE: REGULATION Z
- Why are there required disclosures under Reg Z?
- What must be disclosed?
- What are types of credit under Reg Z?
SESSION FOUR: REGULATION B/FAIR CREDIT REPORTING ACT
- How should you handle member applications?
- Why is information reported to consumer reporting agencies?
- How the FACT (Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions) Act has changed the FCRA?
SESSION FIVE: BANK SECRECY ACT
- What is CTR/SAR and why are they required?
- Preventing money laundering/terrorism
- What is the USA Patriot Act?
SESSION SIX: ACCOUNT OWNERSHIP
- What issues impact joint-account ownership?
- How should you deal with business accounts?
- What should you look for when opening trust accounts, estate accounts, UTMAs, etc.?
SESSION SEVEN: SHARE/DRAFT BASICS
- What should you notice when negotiating a check?
- What types of endorsements are acceptable?
- Why are checks returned and what are the applicable rights of credit unions?
Educational Investment for the 7-Webinar Series:
$399 per Credit Union with Assets Up to $50 Million
$499 per Credit Union with Assets $50 - $100 Million
$599 per Credit Union with Assets Over $100 Million
Who Should Participate:
This session is open to all front-line staff from Association-affiliated credit unions.
Linda Bow has been in the regulatory compliance environment for almost 30 years. In addition to holding her CRCM, Bow holds a master’s degree in business ethics and compliance, and is a graduate of the ABA Stonier School of Banking with a Wharton School Leadership certification.
Her extensive knowledge base is enhanced with her broad range of experience and expertise from overseeing loan production, servicing, pricing and selling. Bow has successfully managed financial institutions, compliance departments and staff through regulatory changes and implementations, and she has developed and sustained compliance management structures focused on first, second and third lines of defense and annual risk assessments.
Please note: This is a seven-part webinar series. Individual session registration is not available.
A refund of the amount paid, less a $80 administrative fee per registration, will be given for all cancellations received via email to email@example.com ten or more business days prior to the start of the series. No refunds will be granted if the cancellation is received fewer than ten business days prior to the start of the series. Substitutes will be accepted anytime prior to the start of the series at no additional cost. Simply email an updated registration form, listing the new participant and the name of the person they will be replacing.